1 Chronicles 16:23-24 "Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples."
Thursday, May 16, 2013
First Impressions by Rae
It smells exactly the way I remember. I got off the plane, and it felt like I walked into a wet, warm blanket, but it felt good too. I've been here twice before, so for me it's kinda like coming home. I love it here, the people, the culture, even the heat (although not the humidity as much). It does feel different this time though, it was a little scarey getting here. The whole plane trip, (when I wasn't thinking about how miserable it was) I was thinking about how long a year is. It's a really long time!! I'm excited to be back, and it's been great to see the people here again, but part of me is still wondering if I really want to stay a year? Cliff is sure that this is where we are supposed to be, and I'm content (mostly) following him, but I know I'll miss my plain, simple Missouri life. But I am glad we're here! It's so wonderful, if you haven't experienced the hospitality and friendliness of the Filipino people than you've missed out, let me tell you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment