Several people in our lives don't like that we're planning on going overseas. They are concerned for our safety. We
know that there are a lot of ministry opportunities in the US, but we feel that for now God is telling
us to go to the Philippines. We know it's dangerous, we know we could be
kidnapped or killed. Sex trafficking is very prevalent there, I know that there's a
very real chance I could be kidnapped. But none of that is going to make
us not go.
God never promises that we'll be safe, or that everything
will be OK, or that we will even see the worth in following Him in this
lifetime. He does promise though, that it is worth it, that following
His will is what we were created for, it's what we need to do. And He
will bless us for doing His will, even when it eems everyone we love is against
us.
We've thought about this, and prayed and sought counsel from others
who have been there. We
know exactly what we're getting into. And we still believe that this
mission is what God has for us right now.
I'm sorry that they are so worried, I wish they could trust that we have thought
about it and weighed the risks and still want to go. Even if we die
there, it will be worth it to us. I wish they could understand this.
To
us, being a Christian is not going to church and reading the bible.
Being a Christian is following Christ where He leads no matter what.
Because only God saves, only God moves in our lives, only God heals,
only God is worth dying for.
So even if it means we die there, we're still going.
No comments:
Post a Comment